How to allow EAI - our solution
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The SMTPUTF8 Extension (rfc6531 3.2)
If SMTPUTF8 is not supported by receiving SMTP server – it Must Not transmit.
- Transform the Message
- Reject the Message
- Re queue later or try an alternate MX
Transform the Message
- Transformation are outside the scope of the RFC. Thus we Apply a Filter on the MTA (same way as SpamAssassin/ClamAv works) before sending the mail to the outgoing/final queue.
- Filter messages before sending
- Test the Recipient if it supports SMTPUTF8 extension
- Rewrite the User and Domain based on Mapping System/Mail Alias
- Send the message normally